Thursday, August 7, 2014

One and a half weeks left in MTC....




  Dzien dobry! 
Jak się macie??
This week was honestly really challenging. I'm still absolutely studying my butt off and giving it all I've got these last few weeks in the MTC... which is mildly tiring to say the least. BUT, I'm still absolutely loving it! The Lord has blessed me this week with a love of reading the Book of Mormon. Whenever I was discouraged or feeling down, I'd go Read my Book of Mormon and feel the Spirit and feel so much better! I'm so proud of my Księga Mormona.  I added marking ribbons, scripture tabs for key scriptures in the missionary lessons, and have really come to appreciate the Book of Mormon more than I ever have! It is the word of God, I know it, and I'm reminded of that every time I read it!

On Sunday I was released as zone leader, which was pretty sad... But I was also called on Sunday as the next District Leader, so I'm super excited! I'm sure learning a lot from serving and helping others like I know Christ would! I'm still amazed at the love we are blessed with as we serve God's children. I've come to love these people so much, even if I've only been able to serve them for a short time!

So there's this older Australian girl in my District going to Poland with me, and she's the best! She was intensely intimidating the first part of the MTC because she already knew Polish so well, but we have become good friends! This week we even decided to learn Joseph Smith's 1st Vision in Polish. Instead of learning it conventionally, however, we rapped it. I'd throw her a beat, and she'd rap it, and then she would do the same for me! It was super fun, and we were blessed to learn it super quickly!

I'm still absolutely loving playing soccer with the Elders at gym time. There are some pretty good players and we have some fun together! I found out this week that my nickname is "fancy feet" or something like that...? They yell it every time I call for a cross... so that was pretty interesting!

Wednesday was definitely one of the best days I've had at the MTC. I felt the Spirit lots, I worked hard, and focused all day hard. I am so thankful for the many packages from all of my loved ones... I legit almost cried I was so happy. They absolutely changed my day around! Love you guys!!

A week and a half until Poland.... next Monday!! Oh my goodness! I'm super excited to see what it'll be like!( and I'm also super excited for some REAL food... the MTC has rotated through its menu's 2 or 3 times already and I'm dying.)

Update on the missionaries: they're all doing great, and studying hard... We did, however, lose one elder this week. He decided to go home to fix some worthiness problems from before his mission. He fasted and prayed and knew that was the right thing to do, so he did it. I am proud of him for having the courage to do so, but am sad to see him go. Please guys, Stay Worthy! It really isn't worth it. Do the things you need to do, don't do the things you shouldn't, and God will bless you! We've gotta be clean to have the Holy Ghost, which is one of the greatest gifts we have! I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost and His guidance in my life, and am grateful for the examples I've had in my life to teach me to stay clean in order to have the Spirit!

I hope y'all are doing well... keep up the good work, do good things, and remember the gospel and the church are true! I know it! I love you all, make it a good week!

Love,
Starszy Quackenbush

Elder Quackenbush & Elder Coutu

 



No comments:

Post a Comment