Monday, September 15, 2014

One of the best weeks.....

Well this week has been one of the best weeks of my life.
 
I've honestly learned So So So much this week from Poland, the Polish people, and the scriptures. I read the talk "Beware of Pride" by President Ezra Taft Benson, and realized that I've been absolutely terrible with that in my life. I'd like to make a public apology to everyone right now and say I'm sorry, and that I promise to get better with that! I've got a bunch of goals I'm working on, and know that If I keep working on them and trust in the Lord, that I can get better!
 
This week was the fastest week of my life. It honestly FLEW by, and I don't even understand how it's already Monday again. We had some trials in our lives this week.... Elder Blom and I both got super sick from some of the food we ate one night, but weren't about to sit inside all day, so we said some prayers and hit Poland running. It was a tough day, but the Lord sure blessed us to carry on and work hard! We experienced a lot of denial and discouraging situations this week. I had to exercise patience when people were raising their voices at us, and asking us why we are even out here, and telling us we look gay walking around with a dude all day every day. The Lord definitely strengthened me during these situations and helped me work on my patience and love with these people. The Lord really is blessing me with love and charity for the people of Poland. It surprises me sometimes when we're talking to a Polish person and I just get the overwhelming desire to hug them and tell them the gospel can make their lives better and easier. It is honestly so hard not to hug these people... and I love it!
 
We sure saw miracles every day, but I saw one of the hugest miracles of my life late into this last week. Elder Blom and I were out on Sienkiewicza witht he other elders, doing a whiteboard. The question we wrote of the board was "Where can we find peace in this life"? What was different this week, was that I was pretty much solo contacting. I didn't have an elder with me, really. Elder White would come over if he saw me having trouble, or if I contacted someone with a wicked accent, but other than that, I was "alone" for part of it. I say "alone", because the Lord and His spirit were with me, and that's all I need! I prayed for strength and help,and went for it. The gift of tongues is honestly SO REAL. I don't even know what happened, but I was understanding people, and they were understanding me. The Lord(through me) taught two Restoration lessons to potential Priesthood holders, and even placed my first solo Ksiega Mormona for me. I am so incredibly grateful, and know that I wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING without the Lord. I am so grateful to Him and to my God for answering my prayers and for always being there for me!
 
Today the Kielce Elders are going out to the outskirts of the city to meet the parents of Ania, one of the investigators with a baptismal date. She's great, and she wants us to meet her family, so we're going in a bit to do that... it'll be super sweet!
 
I'm learning a lot, and working hard! I sure hope all of you are, too! Love you all, make it the best week of your life!
Love,
Elder Quackenbush

Pday Laser Tag

Elder Q's "Title of Liberty"

Elder White
Elder Torres
Elder Quack
Elder Blom (trainer)
The 4 Elders in Kielce

No comments:

Post a Comment