Thursday, November 20, 2014

Crazy packed week....

What a long week this week! Oh man, literally it was the weirdest week of my mission.
Oh Monday I got on a train to Bydgoszcz for an exchange with Elder Hubbard, the zone leader. It was such a cool experience! We ended up teaching a SUPER cool hour long street lesson to a guy named Paweł and his friend. He ended up taking a Księga Mormona, so that was waay cool! I also got to see my boy Elder Sidwell... I sure love that guy! He's in the group ahead of me, and it would be a blast to get to serve with him! Bydgoszcz also has Sister missionaries, so we did a whiteboard with them, and got to go to a famous Naleśniki restaurant named Manekin. It was super cool! I also solo-taught a Baptist couple on the whiteboard. It was like a 20 minute lesson, and it was super interesting. They were trying to tell me that they didn't believe the Joseph Smith story because the Bible says that no one can see the face of God... which I think it does, but it's a bad translation, meaning no one "unclean/unworthy" can see the face of God. Eventually I found out that I wasn't helping them, and they weren't ready to hear it, and let them keep going... I was really blessed in that lesson, though. I understood like so much of the entire conversation, and was able to talk back to them and quote scriptures and reference the bible without any help (except for the good 'ol Duch Swięty),... it was really cool!
    I ended up heading back to Szczecin for literally less than a day, before getting back on a train. We had Zone Conference in Bydgoszcz with the entire zone. It was such a cool experience to get to learn and testify with all of the other missionaries. The Spirit was there so strongly, and the Lord surely blessed me with personal revelation through the Spirit that was much-needed!
     Lech's Baptism was on Saturday!! It was such a cool experience! I was able to confirm him a member of the Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-Day Saints, bestow upon him the Holy Ghost, and give him a blessing during sacrament meeting yesterday. Everything was in Polish, and the Spirit really blessed me with what to say and how to say it, so that it made sense, and was what he needed. I am so grateful!!
     This church is SO true. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ-especially the fact that we can live with our families again. That is my absolute favorite thing to tell people on the street... and I love it so much that I can live forever with my family! The Gospel is the best, and I absolutely love my mission. It is literally the greatest decision I have ever made, and it's blessing my life so much!
     Love you guys!! Keep up the good work back home!
Love,
Elder Quackenbush
Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment