Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Status Quo.....

Well nothing has changed...! My mission has been the biggest rollercoaster I could have imagined, and saying that,  I realize that I'm still strapped in and got half of the ride to go!  just gotta hold on tight. We are emailing, again, in the middle of the week because our lives are so crazy that we didn't have time until now. I just look at elder cowley all the time and say "what is our mission...?". Good times. Somehow our schedule is almost never full... and it looks like we have huge open spaces in our schedule, which always seem to get filled by random things to get done...! It's insane.  I'm going to do my best to recap everything, obviously leaving out a lot. 

Friday I got super super sick. I barely made it to Free Friday, and afterwards it put me out for a little while. It was an interesting day, but I definitely needed it!

Saturday: we had an english blitz, weekly planned on two church chairs out behind some buildings on nowy swiat (because we didn't have enough time to go home to plan while we were waiting for a meeting).  Got flaked by the meeting we were waiting for, so we went home and got just a little bit of dinner, before we rushed to the chapel. There was President and Sister Turek's fireside for the members that we went to because investigators came as well. It was kinda a let down because 9 people said they were going to come, and the one that did come actually nicely dropped us this last week. Woooooh... so that was interesting. bgut it was a really cool meeing, and we were glad to be there. 

Sunday: I love sundays because of the sacrament, and because of the members. They really are the best. In church i sat next to Ula. She's the one I met on the train my first mission, who is just the best. There's something I need to do to help her boys while I'm here. I don't know what or how... but it has to happen. Then we went over to Agnieszka's and Przemek's house to eat lunch with the other elders. We always feel at home over there. I love them!

Monday: Zone conference in Warsaw. the wasrsaw zone all came in that morning, and prezydent and siostra turek taught us about thankfulness and miracles. It was really really good. Prezydent turek talked for like 3 hours just in polish. It was really cool, and it  really really helps to be able to hear and understand more as time goes on. It was a really good feeling this time. Right after that, we had district meeting over on nowy Świat. We then went to centrum. It was Rememberance Day in Warsaw for the warsaw uprising. It was like 76...(?) years ago. But all of the streets closed down, and for a minute at 5:00 everything stops. All of the cars, all of the people, everything. Everybody is silent in honor of the rebellion. Then they all lit off red flares and chanted to their honor and stuff. It was pretty tight. then we had YSA FHE and things like that, so that was good!

Tuesday: we met with Prezydent Turek and planned most of transfers. It was really cool. Prezydent is a bro! hahhaa we had a good time, and got work done. I love how President takes everything to the Lord. His humble prayers are an example for me. We got studying done, and did an escape room with the district. It was really cool, and we weren't that far off from beating the record. Good times with the fam, I'll send pictures if I can(from my companions camera lol) Then we got invited over with the sisters to some guy's house that elder cowley and sister barney met on the patelnia. He had his.... girlfriend...(???) over as well. He had the most intersting house I've ever seen. He's a world traveler, and has a museum in his house. We got to hold world war I and II helmets that he found out in the forest that we can see from his window. Crazy stuff. He had an old pre-war record player, and I got so stoked to listen to the music and more or less understand what it said... old polish is crazy. We had two desserts, and had a really really good time. He even brought out the guitar. It was a miracle that i needed. Unfortunately they didn't want anything to do with the church, so we won't be going back... but it was a good experience, nontheless!


Wednesday: we made some calls to set up meeting this week, rushed to the patelnia to help out an old investigator. She's really struggling with depression, and it was cool to share some of my experiences that I hope helped her. She's great.... and needs the gospel so bad. We'll be praying for her. We then went and had a meeting with our boy Kac... He's a homie. He's going to start currency trading. He's stoked out of his mind, but also scared to death of losing everything he has. He's awesome. We're working on the foundational truths to help him out. He needs those... kinda like all of us!  And here goes another week! I love you guys! have a good one!





No comments:

Post a Comment