Thursday, July 17, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

A lot has happened this week..! Elder Wilcox and I were called as the new zone leaders earlier this week. We went through initiation(both official and unofficial) and started right away! Our focus is to help the missionaries here already, as well as welcome and help the new missionaries coming in in about two weeks. Due to the fact that there's been some major problems within the zone, Elder Wilcox and I have literally been running around the MTC for the last week! We've gotten to know the Sister Training Leaders very well as we worked through some problems in the zone! But, we've been relying on the Lord, and have truly seen him uplifting members of the zone all week!

We are so exhausted from working so hard this week! Over the past 3 weeks, I have come so much closer to my Savior. I have spent many, many hours on my knees to the point where my knees crack and give me a little grief, but I wouldn't have it any other way! It feels good to struggle through prayers and force  myself to stay awake because I'm sooo tired from working hard every day! I know that's what the Lord would have me do, so I just keep doing that!

The language is still coming along! After I humbled myself, set goals, and began to work towards those goals, the Polish is coming so much faster! Through the gift of tongues, things will come to me that I didn't even know I could say! this week while teaching an investigator, the conversation turned and all of the sudden I found myself bearing testimony that I know that this church is ture, and that the Book of Mormonj is right, and that if he would pray to God with great faith, God WOULD answer his prayers and show him the church is true. I then taught him about praying in faith. After the lesson, I realized I could barely remember, let alone understand, what actually went down in that lesson, but I know it was a blessing from the Lord!

One of the greatest surprises to me in the MTC (besides discovering that the showers DID actually have shower curtains) is how fast the Book of Mormon can bring the Spirit. Even when I'm reading Księge Mormona and don't even have the slightest idea what Iąm reading! Also, everyone was right about how quickly you can learn the language when studying the book of Mormon in your mission language. In only 3 short weeks, I can now read the Book of Mormon and understand so much of what it is saying! I can understand mz teachers so much easier, and even end up translating for the rest of the class on occasion. The Lord has been blessing me so much as I have worked hard, and turned to Him. There are many nights where I have no idea how I'm going to study and prepare lessons for 4 hours, but when I ask the Lord, He alwazs carries me through, and blesses me with strength that is not my own.

I have been able to see Elder Lant a bunch since he's been here! We actually got to sit down and eat dinner together and talk about home and everything! He is doing so well, and I'm sure he'll continue to do so! I also ran into Cameron Christensen today. It was so cool to get to see him! He's on West campus, but he'll be here for a while, so we'll run into eachother again soon.

I also got to be a host missionary for the new missionaries on Wednesday! It was so cool to get to welcome them, and assure their parents, and help them out! I met some really amazing Elders heading all over the world!

I am so thankful for the Elders in my District and for Elder Wilcox. Despite our differences, they're already some of my best friends! Sure, Elder Wilcox and I might argue like 80 year old best friends from Vietnam, but we always work things out, and come out closer than before! Us Elders do everything together. There is rarely a time during the day when we all aren't together! We watch out for eachother, share food, and work to uplift eachother when the times get tough! I'm so grateful for all these Elders.

It actually surprised me a lot what happened last night. In my zone, there is an Elder who has lived in Idaho or Alaska for his entire life... if that makes any sense..Last night he camne into the room and asked us Elders for a blessing, and asked if I would give the blessing! I was a bit surprised, because we aren't exactly that close... but of course I was happy to bless him. I gave him a blessing, and the Spirit FILLED the room. I spoke the impressions that came to my mind, and after he came up and hugged me and told me that what I had said was exactly what he needed to hear. It is amazing to me how powerful the Priesthood power is. I am so grateful for the Priesthood that I hold.

Despite being so tired, I am doing absolutely amazing! I feel good, my stomach's good, I'm feeling the Spirit, the Lord is hleping me with the Polish, and life is great! I know that I can do all things through christ, and that I can do nothing without Him. I know this is where I need to be, and I know without a doubt that this church is true, and that the Book of Moromon is the word of God. I love this gospel and I love all of you! Thank you so much for the letters and emails and care packages! They make my day every time!

I love all of you, and I'll talk to you soon!

Love,

Starszy Quackenbush

No comments:

Post a Comment