Monday, February 15, 2016

Feb 13 and Feb 15th....


Feb 13th
Hey guys,
Soooooo... quick update. Last night was a little crazy and I ended up meeting with both the psychologist, as well as with the trus ultrasonographer.(that might be a compilation of some english and polish words but I'm having trouble figuring that out right now, so just roll with it.)

The psychologist: Dr. L is the man. We had a little bit of trouble with the time zones, and I miscalculated the polish time that he would be on, but I ended up getting to the office really really early and we were able to talk for a while. It helped so much. All of the things that he talked about just made so much sense, and were actually in line with all of the conclusions that I had made about my situation through my prayers and pondering over the past few weeks. Essentially he thinks I have mild PTSD because of all of the trauma that happened last time I was in Poland. I guess in coming back to Poland, I was putting myself back into the same situation where I was last time, which wasn't a good situation, which deep down I had "learned" to stay away from. He talked me through some things(lots of which were associated with my "i have to be the best in the world and be perfect all the time" complex and my strong desire to have no regrets on my mission), and I really do feel a lot better about where I'm at. He gave me some things to work on, and things to remember, and I feel like I've really made some progress since a few weeks ago. We are going to Skype again on Tuesday night to check in and work on some it some more. It's been such a blessing.

On a less-productive note... I did go to see the TRUS Ultrasound lady.
That was fun. I'll spare you the details, but it was an interesting experience to say the least. She didn't find anything out of the ordinary to report-which I guess is a really good thing- and that definitely wasn't a surprise to any of us. On the bright side, I can now say I've taught a polish Restoration lesson to a doctor while having a prostate exam. That's pretty epic, so I'm adding that to the list of "cool things" I've done on my mission lol.

Well that's all! Quick update: I'm training in Warsaw this next 10 week transfer.... and my trainee gets here  on Tuesday. I'm so excited. That'll be fun!

Also, I'm so grateful for my incredibly inspired Mission President to allow me to Skype with the doctor and give my family quick updates as they come in.  I truly have the best mission president!

Feb 15th
Hey guys. I'm alive. I'm well. Things are slowly getting better. The church is true. I love all of you!
Love,  Elder Quackenbush

No comments:

Post a Comment