Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13th...Transfer Week

Hey y'all!
Wow, so this week was one for the record books! It was Heaven Week for Elder Blom and I... meaning we pushed 120%, go-go-go all this week trying to make that difference and find that one! It was an amazing week and we felt the Spirit a bunch!!

We had to do a lot of cleaning(the house hadn't been really cleaned in like a year, and plus cleaning checks were this week, and plus MaƂgosza came over and yelled at us that it was a disaster-even though it looked Better than when we got there... so we did some cleaning! We made cinnamon rolls for Marta's baptism.... since the missionaries are also the Relief Society in Kielce... so that was great!
The biggest part of the week was Marta's baptism... it was the most beautiful thing I've seen im my whole entire life! Marta technically wasn't "our" investigator, but I had been on a lesson with her, and we were with her all the time and became really close! She's the best! Marta's baptism was absolutely amazing. I loved it so much! The Spirit was there SO strongly!! We started at the chapel, and I played the opening hymn, and said the prayer(she had asked me to before). Then, there were some talks, and then we did this special surprise musical number with Mateusz and his guitar.! It was an old Christian song about Christ, and it was so cool! But a miracle happened....!  Before the first song, he had a prompting to silence his phone... and it went off during the song!(he had followed the prompting)... and I got to explain to him how that was the Spirit, and how the Spirit works! It was so super cool to see the Spirit touch this man that we've been working with and inviting and explaining things to for so long! It was definitely a blessing from the Lord! After, we walked to this spa that had a pool that we had rented out, and she was baptized! It was like the coolest thing ever and I absolutely loved every second of it.... the Church is SO TRUE! man... it was the coolest! After, we walked back to the chapel, and had the other musical number(Come Unto Christ-mutual theme song 2014), and I had the opening solo... ! I was so nervous, but the Lord blessed me with His Spirit and I was able to do my best with His help! After, she bore her testimony, and we closed and had desserts! It was such an amazing day!

I got my first transfer call... and I'm heading to Szczecin to serve with an Elder from the group ahead of me... so we're both super young missionaries. That means that we're going to have to rely on the Lord even more than before(If that's even possible??) and we'll definitely be learning a lot! We'll have some definite tough times, we'll probably be super awkward in our broken Polish, but you can't grow if you're not in the Refiner's Fire... am I right?? I'm honestly SO excited for the challenge, and the opportunity to learn and grow so much! I can't wait to get up there on Wednesday and meet him and get to work! We're going to give it our all, I can tell you that much! :)
I am super sad I have to leave Elder Blom. I've grown to love that guy so much over the past 8 weeks, and I'm going to really miss him! I don't even know if I'll see him in the next 4 months before he goes home...(Szczecin is about as far North-West as you can go... right up there next to Germany) so I'm pretty sad about maybe not seeing him... but it'll all be for the best!
I love y'all and I hope you're doing good things back home for me!
Love,
Elder Quackenbush





Russian Royal Ballet for Culture night

 "Bigos" from an Authentic Polish Milk Bar


 Pday


  Me and my companion Elder Blom 


Cinnamon Rolls we made for the baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment