Monday, October 27, 2014

Miracle Week!

Oh. My. Goodness. This week was Literally the best week of my mission. I've never been so busy in my entire life- literally Elder Weiler and I went without at least one meal almost every day this week because we were sooo packed! (it's probably waaay good because now I can fit back into my blue slacks again :) ) 
     The week started off great with Branch Home Evening at the church with the entire branch/investigators/everyone we know in Szczecin. We had a spiritual lesson, and then all spent time as a "family" playing games and eating treats and laughing! It made Szczecin feel like home, and I sure love it! Jerzy came to Branch Home Evening, which was Super cool!
     Speaking of Jerzy....(the less active man that has the ROUGHEST life)  Man, I love that guy so much!! We met with him 3 or 4 times this week and tried to help him in his life. Essentially our meetings are 2-2.5 hours long, and 98% of that is him talking and us listening. Then, we share a spiritual thought and tell him we love him and to keep pushing through and having faith. It has been a miracle to see how much better he is doing! And guess what...... He came to church for the first time in 4 months on Sunday!(More info to come)
     Big News, too!! Our investigator Lech is getting baptized on the 15th of November!!! This guy is more prepared than ANYONE I've ever met in my entire life. Everything about his story is a miracle. This guy is a super-genius. I have no other words to describe him. He looks a lot like Uncle Kurt, and his humor kinda resembles his as well, and he's the smartest man I've ever met before. He knows everything about history and religion, he's a writer, and he is a language master. It's really incredible. He had been living in Berlin for a while, and was looking for a new place to live, when he visited a friend here in Szczecin for the day as he was passing through. He had absolutely NO plans to stay here, but when he first got into the city, the thought came to him that he needed to stay here, (which he didn't recognize at the time was the Holy Ghost), but he brushed that off. As he met with the friend, his friend invited him to live in this apartment he owns for free. Lech obviously agreed, and has been living in Szczecin for a short time. He actually contacted the missionaries and told them that he already lives the Word of Wisdom(which is the BIGGEST miracle in Poland, it really is.). He went to english for a while, and had just become an investigator when I arrived here two weeks ago.(He had been taught one lesson). Elder Weiler and I have been teaching and working with him for the last two weeks, and he committed to baptism on Wednesday of last week. We have already taught him almost all of the things we need to teach him, and he accepts every commandment and commitment willingly, because he knows it's true. I have been able to witness the miracles when he would start to say things like "well, WE as the LDS church"... and "Why would I have to pray to know it's true when I already know it's true? Do I need to go out on the street and ask if the sun is shining if I can see it right there?" or "You know, I used to think about going out and creating my own church that would be true, but I don't have to anymore because there already is one, and I just have to join it."............ Like I don't even know. The Lord works miracles. 
     We went on Wednesday morning to PoznaƄ for Zone Training. It was super cool to get to meet with the other Elders and Sisters and talk about the gospel and learn from all of them... it was super sweet!
     We've also been meeting with Serguisz, the Recent-Convert that was baptized two weeks ago. This guy is SOLID. He has the strongest testimony and the strongest desire to follow Christ that I have literally ever seen. We met with him about the temple and the Melchezidek Priesthood, and he is preparing to receive/attend both. Also, we asked him to be on a lesson with Lech that we had yesterday about tithing and fast offerings and how to pay them. We worked with him in advance, having him read Preach My Gospel(like the greatest book ever), and then told him a few things that we would like him to share. HE TAUGHT THE WHOLE LESSON. Literally it was the most beautiful things seeing a recent-convert explaining hard concepts, sharing experiences, and even giving commitments. I've almost cried a few times...! 
     When we weren't meeting with any of those people, (which wasn't often), we did have time to go out and teach on the streets like one day this week. We taught over to the cemetery(The biggest one in all of Europe), and then some super sketchy looking guy came up and talked to us, and took us into the cemetery, and showed us like the Gypsie King and Queen's tomb, and the church in the cemetery and everything. I thought we were going to die, but it turned out suuuper cool!
     Quote of This Week: "The most important thing is to keep trying... keep your heart close to the Lord, and He will give you the power of deliverance. He will make you free." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf   'Are you sleeping through the Restoration?'
     Now a word to my boys in the Priests' quorum back home: How are you boys?? Are y'all doing good things, reading those scriptures, saying prayers, and staying clean? I know y'all can do it-I really do. stay worthy so you can come out on a mission, and if you are, I promise it'll be one of the greatest experiences in your life. i love you boys, and I pray for each of you daily. you've got this, boys! I know it! If I could ask y'all to do something for me... go home when you have some time, and read 2 of my favorite talks for me... "Are you Sleeping through the Restoration?" and "Be Strong and of a good Courage". Start with a prayer, promise to do the things the SPirit tells you to do, and it will bless your lives so much. I know he can help you! I love y'all! Be good, and know I'm so proud of you guys! 
     That's the end. Love y'all... make it an amazing week!
Love, Elder Q

No comments:

Post a Comment