Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Week 1 in Szczecin

Oh man.... this week has been Crazy!!! I finally made it to Szczecin late Wednesday night after 9 hours on trains.... it was insane. Szczecin has definitely been worth it, though!
     My new companion is Elder Weiler. He's from Utah, and he loves anything that flies. We've had a great time, and we're definitely on that road-learning to work together well and teach with unity!
     The branch in Szczecin is absolutely amazing. It's so beautiful it makes me want to cry. There are like 6 active Priesthood holders, and there's Dagmara-the backbone of Szczecin. She's 25, and she holds everything together here in Szczecin. There's only one problem-her Polish is like 3 times as fast as anyone else's, so it's SO hard to understand! She's great though... and she's awesome to have on lessons! Szczecin has a senior couple from Utah. The Gay's are the absolute BEST! They're the sweetest grandparents Poland has ever seen. They know people don't understand English, but they just go for it, and let us translate for them! It's a super good time!
     Elder Weiler and I have been working a lot to strengthen the members in Szczecin. There are many less-actives and recent converts that we are working to prepare to advance in the Priesthood, and to also go to the temple! It has been so exciting to gather those people and teach them about the gospel and strengthen them!
     One of those recent-converts is named Serguisz. I've only known him for like 3 days, but I already love the guy so much! He is such an example to me of what it means to be a follower of Christ. He was baptized a week ago, and is already one of the strongest members I have ever met in my life. His love of the gospel really inspires me to do more and to be better. He even came back to the chapel later Sunday afternoon because he wanted to talk with Elder Gay. He essentially wants to be able to preach the gospel on the street(which he determined to be his priest duty as found in the Doctrine and Covenants). This guy has been baptized for only a week, and he's trying to be a legit missionary. I'm so excited for what's in store for him!
     Miracle time: I see miracles every day, and definitely don't have time to explain all of them, but I deifnitely saw 2 big ones this week! 
1) Jerzy. Jerzy is a less-active member. He has a REALLY rough life, let's just say that. He hasn't been in contact witht he church for a Long time... but the night I got here, he contacted Elder Weiler and said he wanted to meet. When we met with him, he was sooooo down-like I can't even describe it. He looked terrible. We met with him that night, and met with him the next night, and prayed for him, and gave him a blessing, and I can't even describe the change that we saw. The Spirit touched his heart and he was uplifted and strengthened so much.... It was a miracle just to witness!
2) So Elder Weiler and I have to send in pictures to President for a slide-show or something... and we didn't have any... so we went out solo-contacting and getting pictures of eachother. While solo-contacting, I contacted this young dad with a baby, and talked to him about how families can be forever. I bore testimony, and he took a KsiÄ™ga Mormona, and said he'd read it! He has my number and he's going to call when he prays and receives his answer that the book is true. I recognize it to be a blessing from the Lord, and I'm SO grateful! 

Love y'all! Keep up the good work and I'll talk to you soon!

Elder Q
                                             

   











No comments:

Post a Comment