Monday, January 4, 2016

Jan 4, 2016...

So this week was a rollercoaster of a week. I had some pretty high days and some pretty low days. I think I'm finally on the uphill after a long battle with the negatives, which is SUCH a blessing because that was getting way old.

This week was the craziest week ever. Elder Cowley and I had a bunch of different random things to do this week because we're zone leaders, and it was transfers. We ended up having the weirdest week ever because every day something different would come up that we had to deal with, and we were so busy.

On Wednesday we found out about Elder Wilcox. He has been struggling for a long time with depression(I told you guys it was a real thing(lol) and it finally really got to him. He came into Warsaw on Thursday to have his last Pday before he left on Thursday. Elder Jourdan and I both simultaneously called president, and president wanted us two to spend the day with him and make his last day enjoyable. That wasn't hard because those two are two of my best friends in the World! We had an awesome time, and I think I was able to help with the situation a little bit because I had done it before and I could relate a little bit. I think that was one of those reasons why I needed to come back to Poland when I did. that night was new years eve.... and Poles go absolutely insane on new years eve(Sylwester) with fireworks and alcohol.... so us missionaries were ordered inside at like 16:00.  Elder Jourdan and I got Elder Wilcox off, and then we spent the rest of the night catching up. It was very needed.

I've been feeling a lot better about where I'm at on my mission at this point. These last 2 weeks I have been absolutely fighting to find myself again-I haven't been as happy or energetic, and doing missionary work has been the biggest struggle for me... .and that's been killing me, because at the end of my time in Poland last time, I was at the peak of my mission. szczecin has exploded since that transfer, and it feels so good to see it.(We took the stats from that transfer with E. Jourdan Blunt Berlin and I and it was pretty cool to
see!) But I was comparing that point where I was just absolutely loving it-to now when I'm struggling... and that was hard. I got a priesthood blessing, and the main thought was that I was "admonished to be patient". So I've kept praying, and being patient, and everything has gotten so much better. I feel good phyhsically and emotionally and spiritually, and I'm ready to get GOING this week.

Unfortunately the next day Elder Jourdan was reassigned to Katowice and Elder Mulder went to Kraków... which means that Elder Cowley and I are now both zone leaders and district leaders lol.... so we're working with that. We have a huge zone training(we have one of the biggest zones in the history of poland) on Wednesday, that we're preparing for with the STL, and also District Meeting, and DAR meeting and everything else to plan. today was the first day since the beginning of the transfer that we actually got to take meals and take studies... so that's pretty great! I'm talking about Being on Time, and Exercise(hahahah go figure), so I'm really excited about that!
I've been trying to call all of the companionships in my zone to check in on them and let them know they're not along(it gets lonely out there all by yourself and I remember being ecstatic when the zone leaders called), so that's been fun! I've gotten to talk with Elders Berlin and Weiler, which was super sweet and something I had looked forward to!

Mom and Dad I found the sickest suit I've ever seen in my life at the store for a steal so I had to buy it. It looks super good, and it's European, so it's just one more thing that will help me remember not to gain a ton of weight... :)

We moved apartments this week without telling President. Elder Cowley and I felt really good about it(it was the Spirit and we just rolled with it). It will also save us betyween 3-6 hours a day riding on trams that we can be doing other things). So we moved and I'm going to call this week and tell president, and show him how much time we've saved and all the good things that have happened. he loves when missionaries just fix a problem, and THEN tell him about it... he's such a businessman and I love it.

So Sunday was one of the greatest days ever. We met at the Warsaw chapel(kinda a big deal), and had fast and testimony meeting. I was praying for othe gift of tongues because I really wanted the members to know what kind of missionary I am so that they will trust us, come on lessons with us, and share their friends with us.... and I was freaking out because my polish speaking isn't ANYWHERE where it was before I left. I waited until I felt the right time, stood up, and straight up gold just started flowing. The Spirit was there and I knew what and how I wanted to say everything, and I only made one casing error (zwrócić=return an item. Wrócić=to return oneself), and the members loved it. Do you remember Ula? She was the member I ate with on the train last time I was here, who gave me the Poland Warsaw tie??
Well she's in my ward and she started crying when we were talking and I just about hugged her but I couldnt... but I'm really really excited to get to work with her. She has two sons who want nothing to do with the church and I really want to change that.

Oh... so miracle moment.... We were just about to leave church, and straight up this Ukranian guy walks into the chapel and wants to meet.His name is Aleksander(Olech) and he speaks ukrainian, russian, and a tad of polish. We grabbed a member and took him on a chapel tour and had a meeting with him. We taught a first, and challenged him to baptism, and he accepted. He's planning on the 13th of February. He's also coming to FHE tonight, meeting with us Wednesday, and coming to the baptism on saturday(hopefully). The meeting was a product of the gift of tongues... because this guy doesn't know much polish... but can speak in russian and ukrainian. So he was using russian and ukrainian, and we were using polish, and he got everything(with just a little bit of charades). It was the coolest thing ever. I love the gospel and I love speaking polish.

Health: Everything is going so much better. My back is doing alright, pelvis and associated areas are definitely improving, and my legs are doing perfectly. It is SUCH a miracle. I love it.
Well that's all... I sure love and miss you guys, but I'm doing good here and I'm loving it!


No comments:

Post a Comment